Terms and Conditions
1. Language Choices
We recognize that language can shape perceptions and attitudes. Our intention is to write in a way that is respectful of people. We have used the term ‘people with neurodevelopmental conditions’ or ‘NDCs’ for short as this is recommended by several respected groups. However there is no consensus in this very large and diverse area and we acknowledge that not everyone will prefer this wording. Autism is referred to as a condition rather than a disorder. The word ‘typically developing’ or TD is used for populations without neurodevelopmental conditions. Sometimes a person-first may be used; e.g. person with autism or person with hyperlexia. Other times identify-first is used e.g. autistic person or hyperlexic child. This is because professionals tend to use person-first language however some people have voiced that they prefer identify-first language. So they are both used interchangeably to reflect that both are used according to different preferences. People in studies are referred to as participants rather than subjects. If a writer expresses a preference we will defer to that.
2. Introduction to Terms and Conditions
The Website is owned and operated by or on behalf of Neurotastic. By using this website and the services offered by Neurotastic (also referred to as “the organization”) you agree to be bound by the following Terms and Conditions.
- This website is intended for general information use.
- Neurotastic makes no warranties, representations or undertakings about the content of this website or any other websites referred to or accessed by hyperlinks from this website. The organisation does not endorse or approve the content of any third-party site, nor will the organization have any liability in connection with any of them.
- Please note that the views represented on this site do not necessarily reflect those of Neurotastic.
- We may revise these terms and conditions at any time, by updating them on this page. You should review these terms and conditions from time to time, as by using the website and our services you are bound to them.
- Unless otherwise specified, the copyright for materials on this website and any other materials that we produce is owned by the organization Neurotastic. You are permitted to print and reuse information from this website provided it is not altered in any way from how it is presented on this website, and it is credited to Neurotastic.
3. Website terms and conditions
In these terms and conditions:
- the organisation term used here is referring to Alphabet Children which is managed by Neurotastic, an organisation in England and Wales
- “Website” or “organisation” or ‘Neurotastic” means any website under the ownership or control of the organisation from which a link has been created to these terms and conditions and all related domain and microsites;
c. “Material” means all of the information, data, text, graphics, links, or computer code or other material published on, contained or available on the Website; and
4. Acceptance of terms and conditions
- The organisation reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by posting changes online. Your continued use of this Website after changes are posted constitutes your acceptance of the modified terms and conditions.
5. About our Website
- Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend this Website and any material, products or services on this Website at any time. We do not guarantee that this Website or any content on it will always be available or uninterrupted.
- The content on this Website is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. Before making any decisions based on the content of this Website you are strongly advised to obtain professional or specialist advice. Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our Website, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our Website is accurate, complete or up-to-date.
- The goal of Neurotastic is to provide information about neurodevelopmental conditions. This site allows all visitors to post comments on articles, but comments are expected to meet standards described in the commenting guidelines.
6. Acceptable Use
- You are responsible for ensuring that all persons who access the Website through your internet connection are aware of these terms and conditions and that they comply with them.
- This website is not intended for use by persons under 18 years of age. You must be at least 18 [eighteen] years of age to use this website. By using this website and by agreeing to these terms and conditions, you warrant and represent that you are at least 18 years of age.
- You are solely responsible for all content that you post, communicate, edit or otherwise transmit via, or to, the website, including the submission of, or links to, text, photographs, graphics, video, audio, messages, ratings, forum postings, comments or other materials. You acknowledge that we shall have the right at any time to modify or remove from the site any user content, including yours, that in our sole opinion is inconsistent with the commenting guidelines or violates any applicable law.
- You acknowledge that we shall not be liable for any damages of any sort caused by user content provided by you or any other users.
- You understand that by using the site, you may be exposed to content that may include technical, typographical, scientific or photographic errors or that may be offensive or objectionable. You acknowledge if you find any inaccurate, out-of-date or incomplete information or content on this website, or if you suspect that any content posted on this site is an infringement of another’s intellectual property rights or is otherwise unlawful, you should let us know immediately by contacting admin at alphabetchildren.com We will take reasonable measures to review and investigate all inquiries, and we reserve the right to take any action (or to refrain from action) as we deem appropriate under the circumstances.
- You must not use this website in any way that causes, or may cause, damage to the website or impairment of the availability or accessibility of the website or in any way which is unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful, or in connection with any unlawful, illegal, fraudulent or harmful purpose or activity.
- You must not use this website to copy, store, host, transmit, send, use, publish or distribute any material which consists of (or is linked to) any spyware, computer virus, Trojan horse, worm, keystroke logger, rootkit or other malicious computer software. You must not conduct any systematic or automated data collection activities on or in relation to this website without www.cambridgewithkids.com’s express written consent.
- This includes: scrapingdata miningdata extractiondata harvesting.
- You must not use this website or any part of it to transmit or send unsolicited commercial communications.
- You must not use this website for any purposes related to marketing without the express written consent of alphabetchildren.com
- alphabetchildren.com reserves the right to restrict access to certain areas of this website, or at our discretion, this entire website. The organisation may change or modify this policy without notice.
- If alphabetchildren.com provides you with a user ID and password to enable you to access restricted areas of this website or other content or services, you must ensure that the user ID and password are kept confidential. You alone are responsible for your password and user ID security. alphabetchildren.com may disable your user ID and password at alphabetchildren.com’s sole discretion without notice or explanation.
By using this website, you agree that the exclusions and limitations of liability set out in this website disclaimer are reasonable. If you do not think they are reasonable, you must not use this website.
8. User Conduct:
The organisation encourages visitors to contribute to this website, but to do so responsibly. You agree to abide by the commenting guidelines and agree not to:
- upload, post or submit material to this website for which you do not own the rights or have the permission of the rights holder to post or distribute;
- impersonate anyone else or represent falsely that you are connected to, or affiliated with, any individual or entity;
- knowingly violate any law or regulation while using our website;
- use our website to collect personal data about other individuals;
- submit, or create a link to, any file that contains any virus, corrupted data, Trojan horse or anything else that might damage, destroy or render inaccessible any data or files on any computer; or
- attempt to circumvent the security features of this website, or tamper with, hack into, or in any other way disrupt or disable any computer system, server, website, router or other device used to host this website or make it available to our visitors.
9. No warranties
This website is provided “as is” without any representations or warranties, express or implied. alphabetchildren.com makes no representations or warranties in relation to this website or the information and materials provided on this website. Without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing paragraph, alphabetchildren.com does not warrant that: this website will be constantly available, or available at all; or the information on this website is complete, true, accurate or non-misleading. Nothing on this website constitutes, or is meant to constitute, advice of any kind. If you require advice in relation to any legal, financial or medical matter you should consult an appropriate professional.
10. Your Personal Information
11. Donations and Payments
a. Although the organisation seeks to protect online payment details in accordance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard, the security of such information transmitted via the Internet cannot be guaranteed. As such any data transferred is at your own risk.
b. If you use a payment card on our Website, you must be the authorised user of the card and have permission and funds to make the relevant payment or donation.
c. If you have made a donation of money in error please email to admin at alphabetchildren.com and they will be happy to discuss your refund with you. Please note we will not be able to return donated items.
12. Our Products and Services
a. Any purchases from our Website (including our online shop when it is available) will be subject to our online shop terms and conditions.
b. Sometimes we may offer free products, services or events through our Website, for example online games or activities, information packs, and local collections. Because these are free of charge, they are all provided at our discretion, on an “as is” basis, and we cannot accept any liability for any loss or damage if we are unable to provide those items, or if they do not conform to any stated specifications. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to such items, whether express or implied.
d. We may at times offer a discount. See below for the specific terms and condition of the offer:
i. the Discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion and cannot be used to purchase gift cards.
ii. the Discount does not apply to delivery fees or services.
iii. returned items will be refunded at the discounted price paid. This does not affect your statutory rights.
iv. the Discount cannot be exchanged for cash and is non-transferable.
v. the organisation reserves the right to (i) cancel this offer at any time; (ii) refuse to allow any individual to participate in the offer; (iii) amend these terms and conditions.
vi. the Discount does not apply to online purchases or New Goods
vii. these terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction in the event of a dispute.
13. Neurotastic Services and Publications
Neurotastic permits users to purchase proprietary licensed publications written by Neurotastic. You must be at least 18 years old or of the legal age provided under the applicable laws and have Internet access, a valid email address and a valid credit card to use Neurotastic (if you are under 18 or other applicable legal age, please obtain your parent’s or guardian’s permission before you register to use or buy any e-books or other products).
14. Our Liability
a. Nothing in these terms and conditions excludes or limits our liability for death or personal injury arising from negligence, or our fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation, or any other liability that cannot be excluded by law.
b. To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms which may apply to our Website or any content on it, whether express or implied.
c. We will not be liable for any loss or damage (including loss of data), whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
i. use of, or inability to use, the Website or any Material; or
ii. use of or reliance on any content or information displayed on our Website; or
iii. the provision of, or our failure to provide, any products, services or events ordered or made available through our Website (unless stated otherwise in any relevant additional terms and conditions).
d. Please note that our Website is only intended to be for domestic and private use, and we will have no liability for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation or any indirect or consequential losses or damage.
e. The organisation does not accept any liability for any loss or damage caused by viruses or any other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Website or to your downloading of any content on it, or on any website linked to it.
f. Please note that our liability in relation to purchased goods will be set out in our Giftshop terms and conditions.
15. Limitations of liability
Neurotastic will not be liable to you (whether under the law of contact, the law of torts or otherwise) in relation to the contents of, or use of, or otherwise in connection with, this website: to the extent that the website is provided free-of-charge, for any direct loss for any indirect, special or consequential loss; or for any business losses, loss of revenue, income, profits or anticipated savings, loss of contracts or business relationships, loss of reputation or goodwill, or loss or corruption of information or data. These limitations of liability apply even if Neurotastic has been expressly advised of the potential loss.
16. Force Majeure
The organisation will not be in breach of its obligations under these terms and conditions, nor liable to any user of the Website for any loss or damage which may be suffered by another party due to any cause beyond its reasonable control. This includes but is not limited to any act of God, strike, trade dispute, pandemic, epidemic, act of terrorism, act or omission of government or regulatory bodies.
17. Online comments or posts
a. The organisation and other public areas on our Website are public forums so can be viewed by anyone searching the Internet and posts will be indexed by search engines such as Google. Therefore, please be careful what you post – do not post anything confidential, contact details or personal information which could put yourself or someone else at risk. We hope you will make friends within the community but do not share personal information unless you absolutely trust that person is genuine. If you plan to meet anyone you have befriended on the internet, never go alone and always meet in a public place. Please note that we cannot and do not vet any users or verify their identity.
b. Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the Website including any data, questions, comments, suggestions or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. You are responsible for any content you post, and you must ensure it is legal, not inaccurate or misleading and that you have all necessary third party rights and permissions.
c. We do not tolerate any posts, links or comments which are offensive, threatening, racist or discriminatory and we reserve the right to delete any comments or remove any content that we think is inappropriate or falls short of our standards, and we may block users if needed,
d. Content posted by users will not necessarily represent Neurotastic’s views or values and we do not accept responsibility or liability for any content posted by other people.
18. Trade marks, Copyright and Other Rights
a. The organisation is the owner or licensee of all intellectual property rights in the Website including the organisations’s name and logo as well as any rights in the Material. The Material is protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world and all right are reserved. You may not use or do anything with the Material or any of our intellectual property rights apart from as set out in this section.
b. The names, images and logos identifying the organisation or third parties and their products and services are the proprietary marks of the organisation and/or third parties as appropriate. You may only use these where they are included on any pages or documents that you copy and use in accordance with this section. Nothing contained in these terms and conditions or on the Website may be construed as conferring any license or right under any trademark or patent of the organization or any third party.
c. Commercial use or publication of all or any Material is strictly prohibited without prior written authorisation from the organisation.
d. You may:
i. print off or download any page(s) from the Website for your personal use; and
ii. copy documents on this Website for personal, non-commercial use only on the condition that copyright and source indications are also copied, no modifications are made and the document is copied entirely.
e. You must NOT:
i. modify the paper or digital copies of any Material you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text; or
ii. copy, display or publish any of the Material (including any photos, documents or text) in a way which is accessible to the public (for example, on another website) without prior written authorisation from the organisation.
f. Please note that some of the Material (including some documents and photos) has been published on this Website with the permission of the relevant copyright owners (who are not the organisation). All rights are reserved on these documents and permission to copy them must be requested from the copyright owners (the sources are indicated within these documents/photographs).
- All material on these pages, including without limitation text, logos, icons, photographs and all other artwork is copyright material of the author, unless otherwise stated. Commercial use of this material may only be made with the express, prior, written permission of the author. Material provided by any third party, including material obtained through links to other sites from the author’s pages is likely to be the copyright material of the outside link’s author.
- Permission to copy or otherwise use such material must be obtained from Neurotastic at hyperlexiaABC at gmail.com
- Links to external web sites are provided only for your convenience. The author does not endorse any external linked web sites. The sites are not under the control of the author and we are not responsible for their content or privacy policies.
20. Intellectual property rights:
All content on this site is the property of Neurotastic or its affiliates, licensors or third-party content providers, including our visitors. Neurotastic reserves all right and title to all original and copyrightable materials on the site of which we are the author or for which we have otherwise obtained title, including but not limited to the text, design, manuals, information, content, graphics, images, pictures, sound and other files, and the selection, compilation and arrangement thereof in its collective sense.
You will not copy, modify, redistribute, broadcast, publish, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, commercially exploit, sell, license, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any of our services, software, content or documentation, or create or attempt to create a substitute or similar service or product through use of or access to this site or any related site or proprietary information related thereto, without our prior written consent. Reprinting or any other public display of our original content without express written permission is prohibited. Furthermore, you may not remove or obscure the copyright notice or any other notices contained in the site or in anything retrieved or downloaded from it.
The names, trademarks, service marks and design marks (including logos) used on this site are the property of the Neurotastic or its affiliates, licensors or third-party content providers, and you will not use any such name or mark in any advertising or publicity or otherwise to indicate the sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service, without the prior written consent of the owner of any such name or mark.
You must not:
republish material from this website in neither print nor digital media or documents (including republication on another website); sell, rent or sub-license material from the website; show any material from the website in public; reproduce, duplicate, copy or otherwise exploit material on this website for a commercial purpose; edit or otherwise modify any material on the website; redistribute material from this website – except for content specifically and expressly made available for redistribution; or republish or reproduce any part of this website through the use of iframes or screenscrapers. Where content is specifically made available for redistribution, it may only be redistributed within your organisation.
21. Links to Third Party Websites
a. Our Website includes links to external websites. We receive many link requests and only link to sites which we believe provide useful information that will be of interest to our users. All requests will be either granted or refused at the discretion of the organisation. We will not enter into any correspondence about decisions. If you would like to request a link to your site please contact us.
b. The organisation has no control and therefore takes no responsibility for the content of external internet sites even when we have included a link on our own Website. The existence of a link from our Website to any other website is for information purposes only and does not imply that the organisation endorses the activities or views of that website or the organisation behind the site, nor does it indicate any form of association or partnership on our part. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of those sites.
22. Linking to our Website
Linking to our Website can help communicate valuable information to parents, professionals, volunteers and other interested parties about neurodevelopmental conditions and related issues. It is not necessary to request permission to link to the Website, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, although we do reserve the right to request the removal of any link. The organisation logo may not be used without prior written permission, which may be requested by emailing hyperlexiaabc at gmail.com. A link to the organisation Website must not be used to imply the organisations’s endorsement of the site, related products or services. Your site must not conflict with the aims of the organisation.
These terms and conditions shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any disputes shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England and Wales.
24. Law and jurisdiction
These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the UK, and any disputes relating to these terms and conditions will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK. The full trading name of alphabetchildren.com is Neurotastic.
25. Conditions of Use of Ebooks and other Products
Welcome to Alphabet Children website (“Neurotastic” or “Website”).
26. Revisions and errata; non-reliance; and waiver of liability:
The materials appearing on alphabetchildren.com may include technical, typographical, scientific or photographic errors. We do not warrant that any of the materials on our website are accurate, complete or current, or that the site will operate error-free or without interruption. We shall not be liable to you or any third party for any loss or damage of any kind arising from your use of this site, or dissemination of or reliance on any content contained on this site, and you hereby waive any claim against us and our employees, officers, directors and agents regarding your use of, dissemination of or reliance on this site.
Neurotastic may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. However, we do not make any commitment to update the materials.
You acknowledge and agree that we have no responsibility for the information, content, products, services, advertising, code or other materials which may or may not be provided by or through other websites that are linked to this site, even if they are owned or run by affiliates or partners of ours. We have no control over their content or availability.
Any opinion, advice, statement, service, offer, or information or content provided or made by any third party on this website, or on any website to which this website is linked, is that of the author or provider, and not of the organisation. You should direct any concern about any other website to that site’s website administrator or webmaster.
Failure of the organisation to insist upon strict performance of any of the terms, conditions and covenants herein shall not be deemed a relinquishment or waiver of any rights or remedies that we may have, nor shall it be construed as a waiver of any subsequent breach of the terms, conditions or covenants hereof, which terms, conditions and covenants shall remain in full force and effect.
28. Entire agreement:
These Terms and Conditions describe and encompass the entire agreement between you and us and supersede all prior or contemporaneous agreements, representations, warranties and understandings with respect to the site, the contents and materials provided by or through the site, and the subject matter of these Terms and Conditions.
29. Contact us
Any questions regarding this Website should be sent to the organisation by emailing admin at alphabetchildren.com
Policy last reviewed on March 2021