Find your way around the site
- Hyperlexia can support development
- Hyperlexia Definition
- Do I need to teach a hyperlexic child phonics?
- What can I do to support a hyperlexic child?
- Is my child hyperlexic?
- When should I be worried about speech development in a child?
- Can a child be diagnosed with hyperlexia?
- How Many People have Hyperlexia?
- Summary of research
- Books, articles and links
- Helping Comprehension
- Characteristics of the hyperlexic child (under 5)
Children learn to speak at different rates, so it is difficult to know when to get help for your child. Talk to your health visitor, nurse or GP if you have any concerns.