Hyperlexia can support developmental skills
– In speech therapy, using alphabet letters could be much more engaging than toys. Such as hiding a letter under a bowl to show ‘under’.
– Playing with an alphabet jigsaw to build interaction.
– Building fine motor skills by drawing letters, or making them out of theraputty.
– Developing gross motor skills with giant soft alphabet blocks. Making letters out of our bodies to music.
– Communicating through writing things down.
– Using subtitles in videos.
See references here. Date created: 22/5/2022 Date to be reviewed: 22/5/2023